01st December 2020
your privacy is important to us. That might be the kind of thing all these notices say, but we mean it. You place your trust in us by using Mygaman.com services and we value that trust. That means we’re committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us. We act in our customers’ best interest and we are transparent about the processing of your personal data.
If you are one of our business partners, make sure to also check out our Privacy Statement for Business Partners to understand how personal data is further processed as part of the business relationship.
We might amend the Privacy Statement from time to time, so we recommend you visit this page occasionally to make sure you know where you stand. If we make any changes to the Privacy Statement that will have an impact on you (for example, if we intend to process your personal data for other purposes than previously communicated), we’ll notify you of these changes before the new activities begin.
What information do we collect?
When you use our services there are certain things we ask for. This is typically routine information – your name, preferred contact details, the names of the people travelling with you and your payment information. You might also decide to submit additional information related to your upcoming Trip (for example, your anticipated arrival time).
we also collect information from the computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access our services. This includes the IP address, the browser you’re using and your language settings. There are also situations in which we receive information about you from others or when we automatically collect other information.
If you create a user account, we’ll also store your personal settings, uploaded photos, and reviews of previous bookings. This saved data can be used to help you plan and manage future Trip Reservations or benefit from other features only available to account holders, such as incentives or other benefits.
How do we use the information we collect?
Any information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
1. To personalize your experience
2. To improve our service (We continually strive to improve our service offerings based on the
information and feedback we receive from you)
3. To improve customer service (Your information helps us to respond effectively to your
requests and support your needs)
4. To process transactions
5. To administer a consent, promotion, survey, or other site feature
6. To send periodic E-mails
7. To give the discounts and coupons for future bookings.
Do we share the information we collect with third parties?
We may engage third-party service providers to perform functions and services such as hosting and maintaining our servers and our service, database storage, and management, e-mail management, storage making, credit/debit card processing, customer service fulfilling orders for products and services you might purchase through the platform. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you. We may also disclose personal and non-personal information about you to the government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in order to respond to claims, legal process, to protect our rights and interests or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules, and regulations.
Where and when is information collected from customers and end-users?
We will collect personal information that you submit to us. We may also receive personal information about you from third parties as described above.
If you’re using a mobile device, we collect data that identifies the device, as well as data about your device-specific settings and characteristics, app crashes, and other system activity. When you make a Trip Reservation using this kind of device, our system registers how you made your reservation (on which website), and/or which site you came from when you entered the Mygaman.com website.
Is the information collected throughout the service secure?
We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes, or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while we users are reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Of applicable law imposes any non- disclaim able duty to protect your personal information, you agree that that intentional misconduct will be the standards used to measure our compliance with that duty
How long do we keep your information?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide services to you and fulfill the purposes described in the policy, this is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or
depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
The laws of Sri Lanka, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this agreement and your use of our service. You use of our service may also subject to other local, state, national or international laws.
Links to other websites
In respect to any credit card or other payment processing details you have provided us; we commit that this confidential information will be stored in the most secure manner possible.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions
· Via this link: https://www.mygaman.com/contact
How does Mygaman.com process communications that you and your booked Trip Provider may send via Mygaman.com?
Mygaman.com can offer you and Trip Providers various ways to communicate about the Trip Services and existing Trip Reservations by directing communications via Mygaman.com. This also allows you and your Trip Provider to contact Mygaman.com with questions about your Trip Reservation through the website, and the social media that we provide.
01st December 2020
Cookies can be used in various ways, including to make the Mygaman.com website work, analyze traffic, or for advertising purposes.
- Session cookies only exist until you close your browser, ending what’s called your “session.” Then they’re deleted.
- Permanent cookies have a range of lifespans and stay on your device after the browser is closed. On the Booking.com platform, we try to only serve permanent cookies (or allow permanent cookies to be served by third parties) that have a limited lifespan. However, for security reasons or in other exceptional circumstances, sometimes we may need to give a cookie a longer lifespan.
- First party cookies are the cookies served by the owner of the domain. In our case, that’s Booking.com. Any cookie we place ourselves is a “first-party cookie.”
- Third-party cookies are cookies placed on our domains by trusted partners that we’ve allowed to do so. These can be social media partners, advertising partners, security providers, and more.
How are cookies used?
Cookies are used to collect info, including:
They allow you to be recognized as the same user across the pages of a website, devices, between the website.
- IP address
- Device ID
- Browser type
- Viewed pages
- Features used or activities engaged in on the website
- Browsing info
- Whether you have responded to an advertisement
Our cookie statement may also be updated from time to time. If these updates are substantial, particularly relevant to you, or impact your data protection rights, we’ll get in touch with you about them. However, we recommend visiting this page regularly to stay up to date with any other (less substantial or relevant) updates.
Terms and Conditions
1st December 2020
Registration and payment information
Hotel owners can include details about their hotel on the Mygaman.com website thereafter the team members of the website will analyze the details provided by the hotel owners and publish the hotel on the Mygaman.com website.
There will be no charges to the hotel owners to get their hotel published on the website.
The main objective of the mygaman.com website is to attract foreign tourists to our local hotels which means the published hotels can achieve many bookings. Foreign and local travelers can directly view the registered hotels from the Mygaman.com website. For the support and encouragement to increase bookings to the published hotels there will be service charges from the Mygaman.com website and this will be a fair value. There are 2 methods on how we charge.
- First method - When a booking is made via the Mygaman.com website 10% of the booking amount will have to be paid. For one month's period, all the bookings made via Mygaman.com will be recorded. We will send u the monthly due amount via email therefore you will need to pay that amount. There will be no charges for the customers or to the mygaman.com users.
- second method- There will be Rs. 1000 charged monthly. This has to be paid on the given specific date. No matter how many bookings the hotel gets we will not charge 10% for each booking. Hotels which enrolled for the second method will be benefited with two months of free service which means they do not have to pay Rs.1000 for the first 2 months. They will have to pay this monthly charge of Rs.1000 from the third month onwards.
How to cancel bookings
If a customer wants to cancel a booking, the cancellation is done by the mygaman.com staff. For that, the management of the relevant hotel or the customer should inform us. There is no charge for booking cancellation. It is a totally free service
About the failure in paying fees.
An extra two-week period is given for a hotel if they are failed to pay before the date as stated in the invoice which has been sent by us. If they are unable/failed to pay within that given period the relevant hotel will be removed from mygaman.com without any prior notice. If the hotel is removed from mygaman.com by us, it cannot be re-registered for any reason.
1st December 2020
Mygaman.com is based in Sri Lanka, from where it renders an online accommodation reservation service (the "Service") on its website (the "Website"). For all questions about Mygaman.com, the Service (i.e., the online accommodation reservation service) and the Website or if you wish to send or serve any documents, correspondence, notices, or other communications in respect of Mygaman.com, the Service, the Website, or for press inquiries, please contact Mygaman.com directly.
Mygaman.com does not accept or assume any domicile at any place, location, or office in the world.
Name and address
16/D, Kappatipola road,
16/D, Kappatipola road,
Who is responsible for handling data disclosure requests?
As the owner and operator of www.Mygaman.com and the Mygaman.com in the Sri Lanka is responsible for handling all data disclosure requests relating to customer and accommodation partner data worldwide.
Mygaman.com is the data controller for any personal data collected through the Mygaman.com online reservation services. Moreover, Mygaman.com is the contracting partner for all accommodation partners Sri Lanka. All data disclosure requests must be addressed to Mygaman.com.
Local entities of Mygaman.com only provide an internal supporting role to and for the benefit of Mygaman.com and may not disclose data upon request of a Law Enforcement Authority. Moreover, local entities of Mygaman.com may not have full access to all information collected through the Mygaman.com online services.
What information should be included in the data disclosure request?
Mygaman.com will only disclose information upon receipt of a request which is legally binding to Mygaman.com under Sri Lankan laws. This request should include in any event the following information:
- Formal writing directed and addressed to Mygaman.com. A request addressed to “Mygaman.com” or “Customer Service at Mygaman.com” will not be considered valid;
- Clear ground for the legal basis of the request;
- Description of the natural person or legal entity about whom the information is requested;
- Name and signature of the issuing authority, badge/ID number of the responsible agent or officer, email address and a direct contact number;
- At least provide:
- Booker email address or reservation number (only a Booker’s name is not sufficient);
- Accommodation name and city or accommodation ID number;
- Specific summary of data that is required to be disclosed and the period within which data is sought;
- Expected response period.
Please be as specific as possible and remember that all data disclosure requests must be reasonable, proportionate and necessary for the stated purpose.
- The Mygaman.com Customer Service Team is not authorized to disclose any information by telephone or email outside of the process as explained in these Law Enforcement Guidelines.
- Mygaman.com will not respond to correspondence sent to our employees’ corporate/personal email addresses.
- Mygaman.com will only respond to Law Enforcement Requests sent in accordance with these Law Enforcement Guidelines.
- Mygaman.com reserves the right to notify its customers or accommodations when their personal data is being sought, except where providing such notice is prohibited by law.
2020, Team Mygaman.com All rights reserved.